8.24.2006

New to This

OK...so I have to admit I am an adict to simplyyouthministry podcast. There have now been 25 episodes and almost everyone mentions either Matt's blog, or Josh's blog. So today I decided to go and check them out. I got my frst taste of blogs...and liked it. I thought, "Hey, if Matt can do it...and if Natlie has a couple...I can do it." It took me a while to catch the banwagon...but now that I have, I have jumped on.

Well where to begin? I am living on the small island of Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. Check it out here:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/destinations/pacific/northern-mariana-islands/

I am married to, Marsha, a beautiful Filam girl born and raised in Hawaii. We have a very active and explorative 18 month old girl, Mikaelah "Mika" Jael Owens. That is right, Jael. The chick from the Bible that drove a tent stake into a guy's temple.

Currently I serve as youth pastor at Grace Christian Assembly, and guidance counselor/discipline officer/Bible teacher/substitute nurse/attendance monitor/chapel coordinator/monitor monitor/multi-media advisor/all-around go-to guy. To say it short and sweet...I have a full plate.

Well that is a quick intro of who I am. Keep checking back and I will keep you up to date on the ministry and the awesome things that God is doing in and through the young people of Saipan.

No comments: